Mother’s Day Ideas Every Mom Will Love
Mother’s Day is one of those holidays that can sneak up on you. If you’re not careful, next thing you know it’s the second Sunday of May and you haven’t gotten your mom anything. Nobody wants that; it never ends well.
Show your appreciation for your mom with these thoughtful, indulgent Mother’s Day ideas that she’s sure to love. And to help you out even more, we’ve picked out some great specials to give your mom a Mother’s Day to remember, while making sure your bank account rests easy.
Treat her to a nice meal out.
Mother’s Day is one of the biggest and busiest days for restaurants in the Philippines, and for good reason — everyone wants to show their appreciation for their mom. This is good news for you because this means there are a lot of good dining specials out there you can choose from. Take a look at a few of them that we’ve found for you:
- Peninsula Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet at Escolta, Peninsula Manila. Is your mom into brunch? Then take her to Escolta. From 12 noon to 3 pm on May 10, 2015, enjoy Escolta’s special Mother’s Day-themed brunch buffet. The whole family will enjoy the local and international dishes served at the restaurant’s open-plan kitchens and live stations. Prices: P2,400 for adults (P3,500 with free-flowing champagne); P1,300 for kids. Call 02-887-2888 or email email@example.com.
- Mother’s Day Special Sets For Mom at Ginzadon, Resorts World Manila. Treat your mom to some delicious set meals featuring Japanese and Korean cuisine at Ginzadon at the second floor of Maxims. With sets that are good from 2 to 10 people, every type of Mother’s Day celebration is covered, whether it’s just you and mom, or you, mom, the whole family, and even a couple of friends. Prices range from P1,900 to P7,900. Sets for Mom is available until May 31, 2015.
- HEAT at EDSA Shangri-La. This isn’t strictly a Mother’s Day special, but it’s applicable for Mother’s Day as well. From Sundays through Thursdays, enjoy the dinner buffet at HEAT for only P1,500 per head. Minimum of 4 diners required. Promo valid until May 31, 2015. Call 02-633-8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation.
If you want to go the restaurant route for Mother’s Day, make sure to make reservations in advance. It might be hard for you to get a table otherwise.
Everybody loves a spa day.
Moms work hard, so treat yours to a nice relaxing spa day to take some of the tension off. She’ll surely love how rejuvenated and relaxed she’ll feel afterwards. Here are some spas offering great specials for Mother’s Day:
- Nobu Spa’s Mother’s Day Ritual. Moms will love this Mother’s Day Ritual, with a Geisha natural facial mask and Scalp & Ashi Tsubo foot massage. After the massage, all moms get a P500 credit to dine at the Nobu Lounge in City of Dreams. The total rate for this is P3,000. Promo valid until May 15, 2015. Call 02-800-8080 and quote “Mother’s Day Ritual” to make your reservation.
- Mother’s Day Package at Toccare Spa. This spa, located at the Best Western Plus Antel Hotel in Makati, offers a 2-hour classic body massage and European facial for only P1,500 for all moms this Mother’s Day. Reservations recommended; call 02-403-0808 local 2050 or email email@example.com.
Take advantage of special online deals for Mother’s Day.
The best moms deserve the best deals. And even online, there are a lot of special deals just for Mother’s Day that you can use to give your mom amazing gifts at discount prices, especially on group buying sites. Check out some of the ones we found on Groupon:
- Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia package for 4 days and 3 nights for only P9,188
- Massages at Renouve Aesthetic and Wellness Center for only P249
- Hair coloring + mask and scrub at Gionyx Hair and Nail Salon for only P1,399
So if you don’t have time to run to the store to get something for Mother’s Day, just search online! And if you don’t have a credit card to use for buying things online, apply for one with just a few clicks.
Celebrating Mother’s Day doesn’t mean you have to bust your budget. There are plenty of activities that mothers will surely love that will only cost you a tiny bit. Check these ideas out:
- Resorts World Manila High Mass. This Sunday, celebrate, reward, and recognize mothers by going to Resorts World Manila’s Mother’s Day High Mass on May 10, 2015, 11 AM at the Newport Performing Arts Theater. As a bonus, UP Singing Ambassadors will feature as well.
- DIY gifts. These creative DIY gift ideas we had for Christmas will also work well for Mother’s Day. Most of these, you can already make with things lying around the house. Good news for your budget.
- Make your own Mother’s Day brunch. If you’re on a budget, there’s no need to go out for fancy dinners just to show your mom you care. Look up a few recipes online and make her a homemade brunch or dinner featuring her favorite foods. If you’re going to pick up some ingredients, remember our tips on saving at the supermarket.
- Just set aside some family time. Sometimes, what moms really want is just some quiet down time with the ones they love the most. So set aside May 10 for some quality time with your mom and the family, even if you just stay at home and don’t do anything super special. She’ll appreciate it.
With these great Mother’s Day ideas, you have no excuse for not having anything for the moms in your life. No matter how much or little you spend, it’s the thought that counts; this holiday is all about showing your mom that you love her and appreciate all that she’s done for you.