BDO Personal Loan FAQ
How much can I borrow?
With a BDO Personal Loan, borrow as much as P3,000,000, subject to approval. You can even borrow as little as P10,000, for those short-term emergencies.
What are the BDO Personal Loan Requirements?
An applicant must fulfill BDO’s eligibility criteria for a loan:
- Filipino citizen or foreigner residing in the Philippines for more than two (2) years
- Must be 21 years old at time of application but no more than 70 years old upon maturity
- Minimum Gross Annual income:
- P120,000 for Salaried Employees
- P400,000 for Self-Employed / Professionals
- Must have at least one (1) landline at either residence or office
- Residence or office must be within BDO serviceable area
- Additional application requirement for Salaried Employees:
- Must be at least one (1) year tenure with the company
- Additional application requirement for Self-Employed:
- Must be a sole proprietor or majority part-owner of a company operating for at least two (2) years.
- Additional application requirement for Professionals:
- Must be in private practice for at least one (1) year
Consequently, after filling out an application form, the following documents are necessary:
Fully Employed applicants need:
- Photocopy of the latest BIR Form 2316 or W2 signed by employer's authorized representative (MANDATORY) and submit any of the following:
- Original Certificate of Employment and Income (COEI) issued in the last three (3) months indicating status, length of service and breakdown of compensation
- Photocopy of last full month pay slip
Self – Employed applicants need:
- Photocopy of Registration of Business Name
- For Single Proprietorship issued by the DTI (Department of Trade and Industry)
- For Partnerships issued by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission):
- Photocopy of latest ITR and W4 with BIR/Bank Stamp (MANDATORY)
- Photocopy of latest Audited Financial Statements for the last two (2) years
- Photocopy of Bank Statements for the last six (6) months (OPTIONAL)
- Proof of Identification - Photocopy of at least two (2) valid photo-bearing identification documents, front and back, issued and signed by an official authority such as:
- Driver's License
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman's Book
- Other government-issued IDs
- Company ID's issued by private entities or institutions registered or supervised either by BSP, SEC or IC.
Resident foreigners need:
- Copy of Employment Contract or Certificate of Employment
- Letter from the Embassy (if Embassy Official)
- Submit photocopy of any of the following:
- Valid Passport with Resident Visa; OR
- Work Permit and valid Visa; OR
- Special Investor's Resident Visa and Visas Philippine Economic Authority or Visa with EO226; OR
- ACR or ICR or ACR1
*Additional documents may be required during credit evaluation.
How does the BDO Personal Loan Calculator work?
The BDO Personal Loan calculator computes the estimated cost of borrowing and amount of payment per instalment. Input the desired loan amount to automatically get the estimated monthly amortization for different tenors.