3rd Telco “Dito” To Open Their Doors To Subscribers By 2020
The bid for the 3rd telco is finally on its last leg. Mislatel Consortium earlier this week gained the license to operate as a telco, breaking the country’s long running doupoly. Mislatel will call their telco service “Dito”.
On the evening of July 8, 2019, President Rodrigo Duterte awarded Mislatel its the Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) at a ceremony in Malacañang.
Mislatel consortium’s spokesperson Adel Tamano told reporters that Dito will start accepting subscribers by 2020. While he refused to give an exact date he has a lot of confidence of the said launch.
The first thing that the newly announced 3rd telco will be rolling out is their 4G network which is said to be a better version of the ones operating in the Philippines to date. It will be a 4G VOLTE or Voice Over LTE which will allow for high definition voice calls while staying connected to the internet.
When asked about Mislatel’s promise to provide a 5G connection, Tamano said that they’re “very confident.”
“We’re not rolling out 2G. We’re not rolling out 3G. We’re rolling out 4G VOLTE. But it’s ready for 5G,” he added.