How To Get Started With BDO Securities
Only 1% of Filipinos are investing in the stock market – mostly because it has not been accessible to the average individual.
However, BDO is working to change that with BDO Securities Securities Inc. This is a platform that allows small retail investors to open a Philippine stock market trading account online.
Here’s how you too can get started stock trading from the comfort of your own home.
What is BDO Securities?
Formerly known as BDO Nomura,BDO Securities is basically the brokerage arm of BDO where you can start buying and selling stocks with the benefit of the following:
- Open an account, fund your account, and trade purely online.
- No minimum investment amount to open an account and start, and there is no maintaining balance required.
- Get the latest updates on the market news and research.
How to open a trading account in BDO Securities
Opening a trading account is quite easy, but there is one prerequisite – you will need a BDO account under your name. If you don’t have an account yet, you can read our article on how to open an account with BDO. Once you have an existing account with BDO, you can proceed with the next steps.
- Open your browser and go to this link:https://www.bdo.com.ph/bdosecurities, the BDO Securities site.
- On the upper right-hand corner of the website, click Online Trading > Enroll Now.
- Login using your BDO Online Banking User ID and password.
- BDO will send you a one-time password (OTP) via SMS, enter the OTP to advance further to the next page.
- The next page will present you their Instruction and Consent form, read it thoroughly and tick the “I have read fully understand and agreed…” box when you’re done.
- The next page is the Terms and Conditions, Simply click on “I Agree” after carefully reading the T&C.
- You will then be taken to a page where you need to fill out the Investor Profile and Suitability form. Complete the form and hit “Next” and “Submit” once done to get to the final step.
- A summary of your form will appear on the next page. Review the details provided in the summary and make sure all the information is correct. Click confirm to finish the process.
- Wait for an email from BDO notifying you of the approval of your account. It will take up to 24 business hours for BDO to approve your Securities account and send you an email confirmation.
Once you receive the second email containing your control code, when you log-in to your account, you will be prompted to change your control code before you can proceed.For your information
BDO will send another email to you containing your Control Code. This code is an additional security check you need to enter when buying or selling stocks. The subject line will say “PSETRADEX| FORGOT PIN” – keep an eye out for this email and make sure you don’t delete it. Overall, you will receive two (2) emails in a span of two to three business days. The first email will notify you of your account’s approval. The second email will contain the control code, which you need before you can start trading.
How to add funds to your BDO Securities account
Funding your securities account is very easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log into your BDO Securities account.
- Click on the fund account icon.
- Select your criteria
- Select your currency.
- Select your bank account number.
- Add the amount you want to be deposited into your BDO Securities account.
- Click Deposit.
- Print acknowledgment for your records
- Confirm that the money was deposited by checking your securities account.
You can now start trading!
From here on, you can easily participate in the stock market online without any broker involved. But before you go ahead and jump on the investment market, make sure you’ve done your homework and only invest the money you can afford to lose.