eFPS: Online Tax Filing And Payments Made Easy
eFPS stands for Electronic Filing and Payment System, and it refers to the system developed and maintained by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) for electronically filing tax returns, including attachments, if any, and paying taxes due thereon, specifically through the internet.
With eFPS, taxpayers can avail of a paperless tax filing experience and can also pay their taxes online through the convenience of an internet-banking service via debit from their enrolled bank account. In addition, since eFPS is available on the Internet, a certain group of eligible taxpayers can file and pay for their taxes anytime, anywhere as long as he or she is using a computer with an internet connection.
Who can use the eFPS?
Mandated taxpayers who need to file and pay their taxes to the Philippine government are eligible to use the system. This does not include regular tax paying individuals such as employees and self-employed.
Currently, the eFPS allows to e-file and e-pay for the following forms:
|Monthly Remittance Return of Value Added Tax and Other Percentage Taxes Withheld
|Remittance Return of Percentage Tax on Winnings and Prizes Withheld by Race Track Operators
|Monthly Remittance Return of Income Taxes Withheld on Compensation
|Monthly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld (Expanded)
|Monthly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld
|Monthly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld On Interest Paid On Deposits and Yield On Deposit Substitutes, Trust, etc.
|Quarterly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld on Fringe Benefits Paid to Employees Other than Rank and File
|Annual Info Return of Income Taxes Withheld on Compensation and Final Withholding Taxes
|Annual Info Return of Creditable Income Taxes (Expanded) / Income Payments Exempt from Withholding Taxes
|Annual Income Tax Return for Individuals Earning Compensation Income (Including Non Business / Non Profession Related Income)
|Annual Income Tax Return for Self Employed Individuals, Estates and Trusts (Including those with Business and Compensation Income)
|Quarterly Income Tax Return for Self Employed Individuals, Estates and Trusts (Including those with Business and Compensation Income)
|Annual Income Tax Return for Corporation and Partnerships
|Quarterly income Tax Return for Corporations and Partnerships
|Improperly Accumulated Earnings Tax Return
|Documentary Stamp Tax Declaration / Return
|Excise Tax Return for Alcohol Products
|Excise Tax Return for Automobiles and Non Essential Goods
|Excise Tax Return for Mineral Products
|Excise Tax Return for Petroleum Products
|Excise Tax Return for Tobacco Products
|Monthly Value Added Tax Declaration
|Quarterly Value Added Tax Return
|Quarterly Percentage Tax Return
|Monthly Percentage Tax Return
|Percentage Tax Return for Transactions Involving Shares of Stock Listed and Traded Through the Local Stock Exchange or Through Initial and/or Secondary Public Offering
|Return of Percentage Tax Payable under Special Laws
Based on the list above, the current user coverage of eFPS are the following:
- Taxpayer Account Management Program (TAMP) taxpayers
- Those required to secure the BIR-ICC and BIR-BCC
- National Government Agencies
- Licensed Local Contractors
- Enterprises enjoying fiscal incentives (PEZA, BOI, etc.)
- Top 5,000 Individual Taxpayers
- Corporations with paid-up capital stock of P10 million and above
- Corporations with complete Computerized Accounting System (CAS)
- Procuring government agencies on withholding VAT and Percentage taxes
- Government bidders
- Large Taxpayers
- Top 20,000 Private Corporations
- Insurance companies and stockbrokers
e-Filing and e-Payment
e-Filing and e-Payment both have the same goal in mind, to settle your tax dues. However, they are two different processes that complete the entire process.
What is e-Filing?
e-Filing is the process of electronically filing returns including attachments, if any, specifically through the internet.
What is e-Payment?
e-Payment is the process of electronically paying a tax liability through the internet banking facilities of Authorized Agent Banks (AABs).
What are the requirements before you can register for eFPS?
- A registered taxpayer with BIR-Integrated Tax System
- A Certification from the President of the corporation authorizing two (2) officers to file the return and to enroll for availment of the eFPS, as well as a Letter of Intent to avail of eFPS (for corporations)
- Enrollment in eFPS
- Enrollment with any eFPS-Authorized Agent Bank (eFPS-AAB) for use of their e-payment system
How to enroll for an eFPS account?
- Access BIR website at www.bir.gov.ph, using your internet browser
- Click on the eFPS icon to go to the eFPS home page
- From the eFPS Login page, click on ‘Enroll to eFPS’ link
- The eFPS enrollment form appears. Complete the required fields on the Enrollment Form page. Then, click on the “Submit” button
eFPS will inform you through a pop-up message that your enrollment has been successfully received. Then you have to wait for an email message from BIR informing you of the status of your enrollment whether it’s approved or disapproved. Once your account has been activated, you are ready to e-file and e-pay, and perform all the functions within eFPS.
It is important for you to remember your username and password, as well as the correct answer to the challenge question. Keep your username, password and challenge question answer to yourself. Do not make it easy to guess, nor write it down.
BIR will send an email within three (3) to ten (10) working days informing the status of your enrollment.