Your Step-By-Step Guide To Use The GCash App For Online Payments
When you try to make the most out of your time every day, going to a payment center, looking for a parking space, and lining up just to pay your bills can turn out to be an arduous task.
Thanks to mobile payment innovations like GCash, you can now run your errands and transactions cash-free. By simply using your mobile phone, you can spare yourself from the hassle!
What is GCash?
Known as a convenient “mobile wallet” or e-money, the GCash app is a good alternative to debit cards where you can send and receive money, pay bills, buy load, shop, and many more with just one click away.
It’s pretty easy to use your phone to make transactions without the need to withdraw money or put your cash at the risk of getting lost or stolen. GCash is a mobile payment innovation in the Philippines used by Globe and TM subscribers.
All GCash services are free, except for cash out and GCash card application and withdrawal. Some people can get overwhelmed or frustrated when using tech-savvy methods like GCash, but in reality, it’s pretty simple. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to use the GCash app for hassle-free payment.
How to register or sign up for GCash?
Before you can use the app, you must first register or sign up for GCash. Creating an account can be done in three different ways:
1. Via the GCash app
First, download the app from Playstore if you’re using an android or from the app store if you’re an Apple user. Next, enter your mobile number then click Register in the prompt. After receiving the authentication code, input the code then submit. Fill out the necessary details as prompted. Then, you can nominate a 4-digit MPI, which you will be using for all your transactions.
2. Via *143#
You can also register through your phone, by dialing *143# then selecting ‘GCash’. Afterward, click Register. Now, nominate a 4-digit MPIN. Then, fill out the necessary details as prompted. A message from your phone will prompt you that your registration has been successful.
3. Via Facebook Messenger
Make sure you have downloaded in your device the latest Facebook Messenger app. Then search for @gcashofficial. Click the ‘Get started’ button that will appear. On the lower-left corner, click the ‘Menu’ button. Then, click ‘account’ then find ‘Create an account’ and select.
Key in your Globe/TM mobile number. You will be asked to key in your Facebook password. After that, a verification message will arrive. Wait for the verification code to link to your GCash account.
4. Via GCash website in your desktop
You can also register through your computer desktop. Go to the GCash registration page: https://gcsh.app/r/hWlkIm1
Key in your TM or Globe mobile number then click ‘Next.” A six-digit authentication code will be sent to your phone. Key in the code then click ‘Submit Code’. Fill out necessary information as prompted then click ‘Submit.’
Create the four-digit MPIN that you will be using for all your transactions. After completing the steps, a QR code will appear. Scan the code to automatically download the GCash App.
How to get your GCash verified?
- Log in to your GCash account.
- Tap the menu and click verify now.
- Choose “Get Fully Verified”.
- Choose a valid ID and take a clear photo of it using the app.
- Tap next and take a selfie.
- Fill in the information.
- Review all your information and make sure all the details are accurate and correct.
Your account must be verified afterward. You can choose the different status of verification which may entail the following benefits:
- Offline cash-in
- Pay bills
- Buy load
- AMEX virtual pay
- Pay QR
- Gcash Mastercard
- Send money
- Request money
- Request money
- Card transactions
- Invest money
- Online cash-in
- International remittance
How to cash-in or load your GCash wallet
After signing up and verifying your account, it’s time to load up your GCash wallet. You can do that through the following:
- Transferring money from your bank account using the app.
- Over-the-counter transactions with selected outlets.
- Transfer money to your wallet through remittance service providers (MoneyGram, accredited remittance like Cebuanna Lhullier)
- GCash Cash-In Machines. These machines can be found in major shopping establishments everywhere in the country. Simply select GCash Cash-In at the machine, enter your 11-digit GCash number, select the amount to cash-in and insert the cash payment. Cash-in is free until the ₱8,000 monthly limit in which a 2% service fee will be applied on each cash-in.
How to pay your bills with GCash?
Credit card bills and utility fees can be paid instantly with GCash. It is important to note, however, that bills paid through GCash will be completed within two to three banking days. The app does not accept bill payments that are already overdue.
What bills can you pay with GCash?
Most of the time billers have no service fee. Here’s a quick list of major billers and their corresponding fees.
For a complete list of GCash billers, click here: https://www.gcash.com/billers/
For a complete list of GCash billers, click here: https://www.gcash.com/billers/
How to transfer funds from PayMaya?
PayMaya is another e-wallet app that comes with a prepaid debit card that works well with Gcash and can potentially help you save money and time in doing your money transactions. You can do that by transferring your money from PayMaya to Gcash, the process is as follows:
- Log-in to you PayMaya app.
- On your dashboard at the home screen, tap on the “Bank Transfer” option.
- A dropdown box will appear providing you the option to choose your bank where you want to transfer money to. Simply choose “Gcash”.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Then fill-in the necessary information. The account number for Gcash is the phone number associated with it.
- Click continue and you’ll be taken to a confirmation page where you can enter the OTP that PayMaya will send you via SMS.
- Hit send to complete the transaction.
How to do an inter-bank transfer?
In order to transfer money to a bank account, click Bank transfer. Then select partner banks where you want to transfer money to. Fill out the necessary details as prompted. You will then need to confirm your bank transfer transaction. Then, an SMS or email will confirm that your bank transfer transaction has been successful.
You can also transfer funds to your GCash account using your selected bank’s website via InstaPay! Here are the steps to do instant transfer with InstaPay. The Instapay to bank service gives GCash users the ability to pay an online seller via bank transfer with just a couple of taps on any Android or iOS device in the comfort of their homes, or anywhere in the country. Now go get mom and dad the back massager and air fryer they’ve been telling you about.
You can also transfer funds to your GCash account using your selected bank’s website via InstaPay! Here are the steps to do instant transfer with InstaPay.
The Instapay to bank service gives GCash users the ability to pay an online seller via bank transfer with just a couple of taps on any Android or iOS device in the comfort of their homes, or anywhere in the country. Now go get mom and dad the back massager and air fryer they’ve been telling you about.
How to transfer funds from PayPal?
If you’re a PayPal user, you’ll be happy to know that with Gcash, you instantly transfer your PayPal funds to your GCash account. No need to wait for 3 to 5 business days to complete a transfer to your bank account to access your funds. To do this, you must link your GCash to your PayPal first.
How to link PayPal to GCash?
- Log on to the app, and click the menu on the upper left of the screen.
- Tap on My Linked Accounts.
- Select PayPal and input the PayPal email account you are linking to GCash.
- You will be redirected to PayPal’s login page. Input your PayPal account Username and Password to link your GCash wallet to PayPal.
How to transfer funds from PayPal to GCash?
In your PayPal account, GCash will be in the list of accounts where you can transfer your funds to. Choose your GCash account and the funds will instantly be transferred.
How to cash out funds from your Gcash account?
There are two ways from which you can cash out your money from your GCash account, which is through ATM withdrawal or through cash-pick up or over-the-counter withdrawal through their partners. Here’s how you can do that.
1. ATM withdrawal using GCash Mastercard
You can withdraw cash through any Bancnet or MasterCard partner ATM nationwide. But to do that you must secure a GCash Mastercard first.
You can get the card through the following:
Order online through https://www.gcash.com/mc-store/orders and the card will be delivered to your doorstep.
Over the counter pickup at Robinsons Business Center customer service. You will need to pay ₱150 for the card and the kit linking the card to your Gcash account.
2. Over-the-counter withdrawal
Go to their partner centers, inform the counter that you want to cash out via GCash. They will give you a form which you need to fill out. Once done, submit the form to the counter and get your money.
Gcash hotline and customer service
There are two ways to get in touch with GCash customer service and that is through the following:
- Through their website’s support center for live chat: https://help.gcash.com/hc/en-us
- You can also reach them via mobile phone at 79880 or (02) 7798 8000 for a landline. Do note that the call might cost you cellphone credits, the amount varies per provider.
At the end of the day, it’s always best to take some time and invest your knowledge on services that would cut down the time, hassle, and effort from doing things you could easily accomplish with just one click!
Thanks to technological innovations like GCash, paying your bills, shopping, sending, and receiving money can be done by simply using your mobile phone. Download GCash now for cashless worry-free, and hassle-free transactions.