Is The Minimum Wage Enough For The Average Filipino? Let’s Find Out!
According to the Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia, a family of five needs to have a monthly household income of at least ₱42,000 to live above the poverty line. This amount is an aggregate of all the incomes in the household, assuming the heads of the family (parents) earn ₱21,000 each. This amount may seem like a fair estimate especially if you live in big cities like Metro Manila, but is every Filipino household earning as much or close to the said figures?
To substantiate these findings further, we are running a survey to breakdown the actual monthly budget for Filipino households to cope with the cost of living. How many Filipinos are above or within that income threshold? How many are not? What are the actual spending habits and priorities of Filipino families to stretch their salary further?
Take this survey and stand a chance to win SM Gift Certificates worth ₱3,000!
- This survey is intended to deliver accurate information without compromising the respondent’s anonymity.
- This survey is open to all Filipinos aged 18 years and above except employees of iMoney Comparison Philippines Inc. (“Organizer”) and their respective immediate family members.
- Survey period starts from July 22, 2019 until August 26, 2019.
- Incentives for survey respondents:
- Grand Prize x3 winners: SM Gift Certificates worth P3,000
- Other Prize x 50 winners: SM Gift Certificates worth P500
- For Other Prize, each 30th respondent will win the gift certificate worth P500 (limited to 50 winners). The winner also has the opportunity to join the lucky draw for the Grand Prizes.
- Only one (1) entry per person will be qualified. Multiple entries will not be counted.
- Winning respondent will be notified by email. Winner’s name will also be published on iMoney Philippines Facebook Page and Instagram account.
- Winners will be contacted via SMS or email FOUR (4) days after the end of the survey period.
- Winners who are residing within Metro Manila must claim the prize at iMoney Makati office. Winners residing outside Metro Manila will have the prizes mailed to them upon confirmation of delivery details. Prizes not claimed within one month of the announcement will be forfeited.
- Prize is transferable but not convertible to cash. For winners claiming their prize, winner should present TWO (2) valid
- Government issued IDs. If winner is unable to claim the prize personally, an authorized representative will be honored provided s/he will provide the following:
- Authorization Letter signed by the winner
- Photocopy of 2 valid Government issued IDs of the winner
- 1 valid Government issued ID of the representative
- Where some survey questions here allow respondents to provide further information in their own words, these will be reported as they are written by the respondent.
- iMoney Philippines will take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that comes into our possession from misuse.
- Gathered data will be treated with maximum confidentiality. iMoney Philippines will only provide the individual responses and feedback where permission is explicitly given by the respondent.
- Respondent is solely responsible for participation and for the content that the respondent conveys in this survey. iMoney Philippines disclaims all liability with respect to any information provided by the respondent in this survey.
- iMoney’s decision on the winners and the conditions of participation shall be final.