Here Are The Rewards That Await Our Olympic Gold Medalist Hidilyn Diaz
After a historic performance at the Tokyo Internation Olympics 2020 on Monday night, the 30-year-old weight lifting gold medalist of the Philippines will be coming home to more than just cash incentives!
Being an Olympic gold medalist is no easy feat, much more being the first in the Philippines. That is why the weight lifting champion who bested China’s record holder will be entitled to millions worth of reward, in cash and in a form of assets and perks. The rewards that await her are from both the private sector and the government.
Here is a quick list of the rewards our Olympic medalist will be coming home to:
- Lifetime free flights worth 80,000 miles a year with AirAsia. Hidilyn can fly to over 140 destinations covered by Air Asia’s network across Asia, Australia, Middle East, and the US.
- Lifetime free flights worth 80,000 miles a year with Philippine Airlines.
- Free gas for life and ₱5 million from Phoenix Petroleum.
- A condominium unit at Eastwood City worth ₱14 million.
- A house and lot in Tagaytay courtesy of Philippine Olympic Committee.
- ₱10 million from Manny V Pangilinan’s MVP Sports Foundation.
- ₱10 million from Sam Miguel Corporation.
- ₱3 million from Deputy Speaker Mikee Romero.
- ₱10 million from the government according to Republic Act 10699.
- ₱1 million from the League of Provinces of the Philippines.
- ₱2.5 million from her hometown Zamboanga City.
- Promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant by the Philippine Air Force.
It was only yesterday that Hidilyn ended the country’s near-century long Olympic medal drought, and it seems like there will be more incentives and rewards from various private sectors racing to be included in this list.