Peso Bills To Have More Security Features Come 2020
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Governor Benjamin Diokno announced on Wednesday that the new generation currency (NGC) banknotes will have more security features starting next year.
According to Diokno two more security features will be added to the currency: upgraded window security thread with unique color and design per denomination, and anti-copy and anti-scanning features to improve counterfeit deterrence.
The new banknotes will also have tactile marks for the benefit of the elderly and the visually impaired. This is part of BSP’s commitment to promoting broad and convenient access to high-quality financial services to the Filipino people.
Aside from the new features mentioned above, the latest NGC banknotes will also bear the following features:
Embossed prints that feel rough to the touch, which can be felt in the signatures of the Philippine president and the BSP governor.
- Asymmetric serial number
- Embedded red and blue security fibers
- Watermark of the portrait with the corresponding value of the denomination
- See-through mark of “PILIPINO” written in Baybayin
- Concealed value of the denomination becomes visible when rotated and tilted down
- Embedded thread across the note becomes visible when viewed against the light