Getting Your Civil Registration Documents From The Philippines Statistics Authority
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) is an agency of the government that keeps tabs on the country’s demographic information. Aside from crunching numbers and estimates on relevant information that affects the country’s population, this is also the agency that issues registration papers to legalize the birth or certify the death of a person, officialize the marriage of a couple, and certify the non-marriage (or singleness) of a person.
Beyond studying relevant statistics about the country, the PSA is also where you can get some of the most important documents that you may need in life – civil registry documents validating your existence in the Philippines. This article is a step-by-step guide on how to navigate their site and apply for a certain document that you may need.
What are the documents you can get from the PSA?
The PSA is a civil registry agency, thus this is where you can get the following documents.
- Birth certificate
A birth certificate is a document that certifies a person’s identity, from his or her date of birth, citizenship, parents, gender, and etc. This document is essential in various official transactions in the Philippines and chances are you will need this eventually.
- Marriage certificate
A legally binding document of the union of two individuals.
- Death certificate
A certificate that officially declares the death of an individual.
- CENOMAR (Certificate of Non-Marriage)
A legal certification from the government which is an official declaration of an individual’s single status.
How to request my documents from PSA?
Should you need any of the documents mentioned above, below is a dedicated guide on how to secure each of these documents
Here’s how you can get your birth certificate
- Go to PSAHelpline.ph.
- On the upper end of the page, click the “Order Now” button.
- Choose which document you want to request. tick the terms and conditions box at the bottom, then click “Continue”.
- Select whose certificate you want to request. You can only choose among the following options: self, son, daughter, mother, father.
- On the succeeding pages, simply fill in all the necessary information including the birth certificate information.
- Before you complete the process, type in the name of the person requesting the document. If you’re requesting another person’s birth certificate, indicate your relationship with that person.
- Fill out delivery details. If you aren’t available to receive the document, you may assign authorized representatives to receive the document for you, as long as they have an ID and a letter of authorization.
- At the bottom of the page, indicate how many copies you want to request.
- Tick the checkbox saying you “accept all the terms and conditions.”
- Double-check all the information you entered to make sure everything is correct. Click continue once done.
- A page summarizing your request will appear and it contains the reference number you can use to track your document.
- Pay for your birth certificate online and over-the-counter payment channels. The payment methods are indicated at the bottom of the summary page. Click your preferred payment and follow the instructions provided by the PSA on how to complete it.
- Your birth certificate will be delivered straight to your doorstep within two to three business days from the time you’ve paid for your request.
You may check the status of your order through PSAHelpline.ph. On the top menu click the “Check Status” enter your reference number.
Fees and payment method
After you complete your online application, you will be issued a Batch Request Number and, for each request, a Request Reference Number. When paying for all requests in the batch, specify the Batch Request Number. When paying for a particular request only, specify the Request Reference Number.
Fees are inclusive of processing, delivery, and government taxes.
How much are the fees to request birth/marriage/death certificates or CENOMAR?
The fees and the available payment channels depend on whether your delivery address is within the Philippines or outside the Philippines. Listed below are the base fees for each document.
- Birth/ Marriage/ Death – ₱330 per copy
- CENOMAR – ₱430 per copy
PSA accredited payment channels
There are various ways for you to pay. You can either pay by credit card, bank deposit, your bank’s online payment channels, or in person at an accredited payment center.
BDO Unibank, Inc.
- BDO branches
- BDO Online Banking (BDO account holders only)
- BDO ATM (BDO account holders only)
- BDO Mobile App
- UnionBank branches
- UnionBank Online Banking (UnionBank account holders only)
- UnionBank ATM (UnionBank account holders only)
- UnionBank Online app