How To Apply For A Loan Through Zuki App by SB Finance
We may no longer be at the height of the pandemic, but it can’t be denied that its economic repercussions and crippling effects continue to persist. Least to say that COVID heavily impinged consumer behavior with how it carved a huge gap between basic necessities and the general capacity to fulfill them all. Fortunately, necessity is the mother of invention. That proverb strongly resonates with the rise of loan apps becoming easily accessible to our fellow Filipinos who have fallen on hard times.
Regardless of your economic situation in the grand scheme of things, you no longer have to worry about where to find a personal loan provider should you find yourself in need of one. One of the shining examples of these blessings in the fintech industry would be the Zuki App by SB Finance.
Zuki app features
Unlike most cookie-cutter mobile loan apps, Zuki is unique in that it responds to a client’s specific needs. You have a greater chance of getting approved as they consider your current financial situation and the unique gaps that need to be filled. With that in mind, you have the following four options to choose from:
The most flexible cash loan option from their roster is the one you can use as a fund to cover any business or education related emergency expenses. Health emergencies and travel expenses are no exception. Use this personal loan option however you see fit.
If you’re familiar with Home Credit’s hulogan system, this is pretty much Zuki’s version of that. Purchase items and pay for them in installments by shopping at SB Finance partner merchants. So don’t hesitate to ask the vendor for easy installment terms.
This is your best option if you’re in the market for a motorcycle. Whether it’s a basic bike that gets you from point A to B with no frills or a high-end one to ride in style, this loan will help you acquire a vehicle in no time. This loan product goes for both brand new and bank repossessed bikes.
With the never-ending spikes in fuel prices, you might want to consider pawning your car’s OR/CR for quick cash. The process is easy, and so long as your car is already paid in full, approval is almost guaranteed. There’s no need to surrender your vehicle because Zuki knows it’s always better to have actual mobility to navigate long-term solutions.
Benefits of a Zuki loan
Long-term with [potentially super] low interest rates
First off, the personal loan amount ranges between ₱200,000 up to a whopping ₱2 million. Interest rates for most of SB Finance’s loan products go for as low as 1.89% per month. That applies to various flexible payment terms of 12, 18, 24 and 36 months. Although you should temper your expectations, because the amount you qualify for, available terms, and the interest rates will still be unique to your financial situation..
Being a credit card holder is not required
You don’t need to have a credit card, and SB Finance will never ask you to provide such information. They pride themselves for being user-friendly and available to all Filipino citizens who need a cash loan. Removing this form of obstacle is one way they invite you to seek the help you need from them.
No collateral required
Once again, for your peace of mind, they want you to keep your car and any valuable assets you may have. All you need is to apply, get approved, and quickly receive your cash.
On top of that, the application review and approval period take no longer than five business days.
|For your information
To get a quick estimate regarding loan terms and payments, feel free to check the SB Finance loan calculator. It should look something like this:
Zuki’s loan requirements
Be aware that the set of requirements for employed and self-employed applicants tend to be different. We will discuss that along with the general eligibility requirements.
- Applicant must be a Filipino citizen currently residing in the Philippines
- 21 years old up to 65 years old. Must not exceed 65 years old by the time the loan matures.
- An employed applicant within the Metro Manila region must have at least ₱15,000 of net monthly income.
- If employed outside Metro Manila, the applicant must net ₱12,000 in monthly income.
- For self-employed, the applicant must own at least a 40% stake of the declared business.
- Business must be operational and have been profitable for the past two years.
- The applicant must have at least ₱60,000 in gross monthly income.
- The applicant must provide one or more trade references, heavily dependent on the business’s actual status.
For employees, here are the documentary requirements:
- Completely filled application form
- Government-issued ID with photo
- Any of the following income documents:
- Payslip/s for the past month
- Latest income tax receipt (ITR)
- Certification of Employment – must be issued in the past six months
For the self-employed:
- Government-issued ID with photo
- Most recent Audited Financial Statement. AFS must have been issued within the past year. An additional statement from the previous year is also required for comparison.
- Business or Mayor’s Permit
- DTI Certification or SEC Registration
- Bank statements for the past three months
- Three (3) trade references including a customer and supplier with their corresponding contact info
*Note that additional requirements may be required if applying under a corporate business.
Applying for a Zuki by SB Finance is very straightforward.
- First order of business is to download and install the Zuki loan app on the Play Store.
- Once you’re in, hit the REGISTER NOW button.
- After hitting NEXT, enter all the required information to get registered. An OTP will also be sent to your mobile number, which you need to enter before the registration goes through.
5. Once you have registered and signed in, hit the APPLY tab to view the complete selection of loan products.
6. Choose the loan product that best suits your current needs
7. Read through the T&Cs before the NEXT button
8. You will be asked to scan a government-issued ID with your signature and photo.
9. Follow through with the verification selfie.
10. Follow through the application form. Review all the details you’ve entered before submitting.
11. Upload all required documents. *Refer to documentary requirements so you can prepare the documents ahead of time.
12. After the complete submission, just wait for two to five business days. You should receive a call and text informing you whether you were approved, amount you were approved for (which may differ from what you applied for – could be more, could be less), and the release schedule among other important details.
Now this raises a question, where will your cash loan be credited? Your loan proceeds will be wired to the bank you choose through PESONet or InstaPay.
Also, be aware that the following fees will be deducted from your approved loan amount:
- Processing fee – ₱2,000
- Notarial fee of ₱300 for loans at least ₱100,000
- Documentary stamps of ₱1.50 per ₱200.00 for loans at least ₱250,000.00
Penalties and charges:
- Late payment fee of ₱500.00 or 3% of the loan amount, whichever one is higher.
- Pre-termination fee of ₱2,500.00
The good thing about Zuki is that SB Finance has secured a SEC registration for it. This gives applicants a peace of mind knowing that the app is legit with a Certificate of Authority to operate and is actually a financial service offered by Security Bank itself. This also means the information you provide are in good hands.
Another perk worth mentioning is the speed at which you get approved or otherwise. That’s the cherry on top of the fact that the application process is completely done with the tip of fingers through your mobile device.
Unlike any traditional loan system, Zuki by SB Finance is a total gem and takes the cake for being barely an inconvenience. It’s worth underscoring that it may not be a genie that guarantees your wish for quick cash. But you can take comfort in knowing that they don’t like wasting your precious time with an unnecessary waiting game and are keen to let you know whether you can expect cash to be credited to your bank account or tell you to move on to your next contingency ASAP.
Most important to remember is this: Even if you have the conviction to be approved because you meet all the qualifications and can provide all the requirements, remember that just like any other loan option, you are required to pay what you will have owed – with interest. Make sure to borrow only if you have exhausted all non-loan related solutions and borrow only what you know you can pay back.