Your SSS Online Membership Registration Guide
The Social Security System (SSS) is the social insurance program of the Philippines for all individuals who are employed or self-employed in the private and informal sector. Their services focus on providing meaningful and accessible financial protection to their members and their families against untoward circumstances such as sickness, disability, old age, and death.
Members of the Social Security System or SSS will be entitled to a wide range of benefits such as the following among others:
- retirement benefit
- disability benefit
- maternity benefit
- funeral grant
- Salary loan
- Student loan
While formal employment will automatically sign you up to become a member, registration online is done at your own will. Having an online account in SSS may not bring monetary benefits to your membership, but it will make their services easier to use and take advantage of if you do so. You can also read through our guide on everything about SSS contribution and benefits to give your a more thorough understanding on what the SSS is all about.
So, if you want to have a hassle-free transaction with this government agency, you’re better off doing it online, in the convenience of your own home.
Here’s how you can get started!
What is SSS online or My SSS?
An online SSS account makes it easier for members to keep track of their monthly premium (whether or not their employers are consistently paying for it), apply for SSS loans, file claims, and make inquiries about their account.
My SSS is the term used for an SSS member’s online account. Do take note that only registered SSS members are allowed to create an online account in the SSS portal. If you haven’t been registered in SSS yet or have no formal employment in the past, chances are you need to register for one first at the nearest SSS Branch to get started.
How can I register my SSS number online?
It’s easy to register your SSS number online. All you need is a computer or smartphone with an internet connection and your SSS number. Just go the SSS website and follow the steps mentioned below.
What are the steps for SSS online application?
Assuming you’re already a member, you can create an online account with these five easy steps.
- Log on to the SSS online portal
Click the “Not yet registered in My.SSS” so that you’ll be redirected to the online member user ID registration.
To proceed with the registration, you must have at least one of the following:
- Savings Account Number / Citibank Cash Card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM Saving Account Number Registered in SSS
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- UMID CARD
- Employer ID Number / Household Employer ID Number
- Payment Reference Number / SBR No. / Payment Receipt Transaction Number
- Fill in all the required information.
It should correspond to the information you have reported to SSS such as your SSS number, first name, middle name, surname, date of birth, and a valid email address. Then lastly, enter the captcha code at the bottom of the form then click “submit.”
You will then be taken to a page that will show you a page saying that a verificati0n link is sent to your email address.
- Log-on to your email address and complete the verification.
You will receive a message from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SSS Website Email Validation”.
It contains a verification link to completely activate your account.
- After clicking the verification link, you will be taken to the Online Member User ID Registration page.
This page will ask for additional information such as contact number, preferred user ID, password, employment status, receipt number from the S5 SSS registration form, etc, aside from the basic information such as your name and address.
Tick the “I accept the terms and conditions” to complete the registration and then hit the submit button.
After hitting the submit button, you will be taken to a page that says your registration has been submitted and you will be informed through once the validation is done and you can already log in to your online account. The validation will take between 24 hours to a few days.
- Wait for another confirmation email from SSS.
The verification email might take a few minutes to a few days because SSS will verify all the information that you’ve entered to see if it matches with their record.
Once the verification is complete, SSS will send you an email stating that your registration was successful. The email will also come with your dedicated user ID and your online account’s password, which will be needed for you to log in to their portal.
How can I access My SSS account?
Once you receive the verification email from SSS, you will then be able to access your online account with just a click of a button.
- Log-on to https://www.sss.gov.ph/
- Enter your username and password
- Hit submit
You will then be taken to your dashboard where you can check your contributions, apply for a loan, apply for a claim, and even pay for your contribution (if you’re self-employed).
How to check your SSS contributions online
One of the key benefits of having an online SSS account is the capability to check your SSS contributions anytime where you have access to the internet. It’s an extremely simply feature that provides immeasurable convenience.
We’ve all been there, queueing in an SSS branch will take half a day even if it’s just for an inquiry as simple as checking your contribution. You can finally skip the queue and check your contributions effortlessly with an online account.
Here’s how you can do that!
- Log-on to https://www.sss.gov.ph/ and enter your user id and password on the text boxes provided.
- On your dashboard, click the “E-services” link. Then click “Inquiry” and select the actual premiums on the member info tab.
The dashboard will then show your monthly contribution since the beginning of your contribution (for most people their first formal employment) until the present.
Crosscheck the contributions of your employer to your most recent deduction. Most contributions are posted quarterly, so having two to three months delay (to the present month) in your contribution is still normal.
How do I apply for an SSS loan online?
The Social Security System provides salary loans to members who have at least 36 months of continuous monthly contribution. The amount of the loan will be derived from the member’s total contribution.
- A one-month salary loan is equivalent to the average of the member borrowers latest posted 12 Monthly Salary Credits (MSCs), or amount applied for, whichever is lower.
- A two-month salary loan is equivalent to twice the average of the member borrowers latest posted 12 MSCs, rounded to the next higher monthly salary credit, or amount applied for, whichever is lower.
- The net amount of the loan shall be the difference between the approved loan amount and all outstanding balance of short-term member loans.
There are a handful of criteria that you must meet to be qualified for this loan and apply for it online.
- At least 36 months of continuous contribution.
- Currently employed with the employer for at least a year (for employed individuals).
- Monthly contributions must be up-to-date.
- The member-borrower has not been granted final benefit, i.e., total permanent disability, retirement, and death.
- The member-borrower must be under sixty-five (65) years of age at the time of application.
- The member-borrower has not been disqualified due to fraud committed against the SSS.
If you tick all of the items mentioned above, here’s how you can apply for an SSS loan online.
- Log-in to your SSS online account.
- In your dashboard, hover over to the “e-services” tab. It will drop down a list of menus including “Apply for a Salary Loan.”
- It will show you a loan application form. Complete the form and hit submit.
- The website will show you an estimate of the loan and its monthly payment.
- Provided you meet the eligibility requirement, your loan will be automatically approved. The funds will be disbursed to the method you chose on your loan application. You can either receive it directly to your bank or have a cheque mailed to your address.
Your loan is generally payable in 24 monthly installments. Your due date each month varies depending on the applicable identification number, and whether you are employed or self-employed.
You can visit the SSS portal to know more about their loan terms.
How to perform an SSS online payment?
The SSS online payment is only available to Bancnet debit cardholders and accountholders in Unionbank. This process is beneficial to everyone who prefer to do online transactions and those who can’t be in the country to pay for their monthly contribution. Online payment is quite easy and straight forward, here’s how you can do that.
- Log on towww.bancnetonline.com [Register with your Bancnet card if you haven’t yet]
- On the homepage, click on your bank.
- Read the agreement in using BancNet Online and click “I Agree” button if you agree with the Terms and Conditions.
- Click on ” Payment”.
- Fill out the required fields:
- Account/ Subscriber Number
- Bank Name
- ATM Card Number
- Member Number
- Account Type. Savings or Check
- Amount To Be Paid
- Using your mouse, enter your ATM PIN on the onscreen keypad.
- Click the Submit button
- Details of your transaction will prompt on the screen, Once verified that they are all correct, click “OK”
- You may print the screen that shows your transaction details as your transaction receipt or click “ Close” to conclude the transaction.
- Log on to your Unionbank online account.
- Go to “bills” and choose SSS.
- Fill out the necessary information like your SSS number.
- Enter the amount then click pay.
- Wait for the browser to generate the receipt.