- Interest rate (p.a.)
14.52% - 15.48%
- Loan Tenure
0.5 - 3 years
- Approval Duration
Loan approval within 5-7 working days
- Min. monthly income
What's so great about HSBC Personal Loan?
- Fast approval - five working days after you submit your documents.
- Choose to repay your loan in 6, 12, 18, 24, or 36 months.
- Add-on rate from 1.21% monthly.
|Min. financing amount||₱30,000.00|
|Max.financing amount|| Up to ₱500,000.00|
|Min. loan tenure||6 months|
|Max. loan tenure||3 years|
|Interest rate||1.25% per month add-on|
|Approval duration||Loan approval within 5-7 working days|
Fees & Charges
|One time set up|
|Processing fee||₱1,500.00 or ₱750.00 for 24 and 36 months loan tenor|
|Stamp duty||₱1.00 for every ₱200.00 loan drawn for loans above ₱250,000.00 or loan purpose is for business use|
|Disbursement & misc. fee||N/A|
|Early settlement||To be computed as described in the HSBC website and in the HSBC Easy Guide to Bank Services and Charges (upon loan pre- termination)|
|Late payment charges||36% per annum on all overdue amounts|
|Age requirement||Age 21 - 60|
|Employment eligibility||At least ₱14,000 monthly income|
|Min. salary requirement||₱14,000 gross per month|
|Guarantor / Collateral requirement||No|
|Need to open linked banked account?||Yes|
|Other details||Method of Payment - BDO branches, or via BPI/Unionbank ATM's, SM Department Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarts|
Product Review by
As an international bank with a wide geographical reach, HSBC is considered as one of the largest global banking and financial service providers in the world. With over 100 years of experience, spanning different territories and regions across the globe, HSBC offers a vast array of services that covers the whole spectrum of banking and financial needs across a variety of industries. From commercial and retail banking, wealth management, to global banking and investment markets, you can expect them to provide their expert services for any demand you might have. For immediate funding needs, HSBC Personal Loan offers loan amounts ranging from ₱30,000 up to ₱500,000 at highly competitive rates starting from 14.4% per annum and a low 1.25% add-on rate per month. Loan repayment terms are also quite flexible having a minimum loan tenure of 6 months up to 3 years. Approval duration also comes in as fast as 5 days upon submission of the requirements. To avail of the loan, you need to have at least ₱14,000 gross monthly income.
Advantages Of Applying With HSBC Personal Loan
- Flexible payment starting as early as 6 months up to 36 months payment terms.
- Low, competitive rates.
- Low minimum monthly income requirement.
- No collateral or guarantor required.
For more clarity, you can check out the product details and eligibility requirements on this page to find out if this product is right for your needs.
HSBC Personal Loan FAQ
How much can I borrow?
With an HSBC Personal Loan, borrow as much as ₱500,000, subject to approval.
What are the HSBC Personal Loan Requirements?
An applicant must fulfill HSBC’s eligibility criteria for a loan:
- At least 21 but below 60 years old upon loan maturity.
- Must be a permanent resident in any of the HSBC pre-determined areas for at least 3 years.
- List of areas: Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal, Pampanga, Davao City
- Must have a gross monthly income of:
- ₱10,000 for EPP members or for salaried/employed in Metro Cebu only.
- P14,000 for all salaried/employed in all other areas.
- P50,000 for self-employed.
- For employed:
- 2 years combined employment with the present or previous employer.
- For self-employed:
- a minimum of 3 years business existence is a must.
- Have any 2 of the following:
- Residential landline
- Office landline
- Mobile number
Consequently, after filling out an application form, the following documents are necessary:Fully Employed applicants need:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) or BIR Form and original payslip (one whole month).
- Photocopy of valid photograph-bearing ID with proof of nationality and date of birth (i.e. Passport, Driver’s License or any Government-Issued ID such as PRC ID, SSS card type ID or BIR card type ID).
- Proof of residential address (PORA).
- Signed Terms and Conditions with Global Consent Clause.
- If foreign national, any of the following additional documents will be required:(1) Copy of valid resident visa or; (2) Copy of valid non-resident visa considered by BSP as eligible for peso loans.
- ITR and audited Financial Statement for the last 3 years (same business).
- SEC/DTI Certificate of Registration.
- Business or Mayor’s Permit.
- Photocopy of Valid ID (same as Employed).
- Bank statement for the past three months (at least one year active).
- Photocopy of valid photograph-bearing ID (Passport, Driver's License, PRC ID) with proof of nationality and date of birth.
- Proof of Residential Address (PORA).
- If foreign national, any of the following additional documents will be required: (1) Copy of valid resident visa or; (2) Copy of valid non-resident visa considered by BSP as eligible for peso loans.
*Additional documents may be required during credit evaluation.
How does the HSBC Personal Loan Calculator work?
The HSBC Personal Loan calculator computes the estimated cost of borrowing and the amount of payment per installment. Input the desired loan amount to automatically get the estimated monthly amortization for different tenors.
Is HSBC Personal Loan the right one for me?
Being one of the largest international banks in the country, with HSBC, reliability, and security will be the least of your worries. You are almost guaranteed that they can provide a service based on your requirement with regard to your banking or finance-related situation. Another important factor is the high level of service that is expected from global banks of this caliber and size. If you need additional funds with low monthly income requirements, flexible payment terms, and highly competitive rates, along with the qualities mentioned above, then HSBC is the right partner for you.
There are still other options that you can consider for borrowing added funds. Here are some options from other banks in the Philippines:
As one of the top local banks in the country, you can expect a high level of reliability and quality service when availing a BPI Personal Loan. With a loan tenure of 1-3 years, you can borrow any amount ranging from ₱20,000 to ₱1,000,000 at a low-interest rate of 14.4% per annum and a low monthly add-on rate of just 1.2%. To apply, you must be at least 21 years of age and have a minimum monthly income of ₱25,000.
Offered by one of the top international banks, Citibank Ready Credit Personal Loan lets you get easy access to cash for your immediate needs. Borrow amounts for as little as ₱20,000, to as high as ₱2,000,000 with an interest rate of just 15.6% per annum. Payment is flexible as you choose terms of 1 to 4 years. To be eligible, you have to be 25-65 years of age with a minimum income of ₱21,000 per month.
With Maybank Enable Personal Loan, you can take advantage of competitive rates and flexible payment terms when you borrow amounts ranging from ₱50,000 up to ₱1,000,000. Enjoy low-interest rate for as low as 13.2% per annum, with payment tenure of up to 3 years. You must have a minimum monthly income of ₱18,000 and at least 23 years of age in order to apply.
Are you still looking for a personal loan that matches your need? We also suggest that you view all Cash Loans listed on our website and choose the right one for you.