iMoney Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy Statement
iMoney is all about empowering consumer choice, giving you all the information you need to make smart financial decisions. To show that we value your privacy, we are empowering you to decide on the personal information you share with us, and let you in on how we use it.
After all, making intelligent decisions is what iMoney is all about.
iMoney commits to protect your personal information by complying with the operative legislation concerning personal data protection in the Philippines, namely Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” ("DPA").
This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) details how iMoney collects and uses your personal data, and informs you about the personal data protection measures iMoney has put in place.
In providing the Services to you, iMoney may collect, store, and use your personal data. To access our Services, or to process a transaction between yourself and a third party, we may request personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address and other information that renders you identifiable. Thus, when you opt to avail of iMoney’s Services, you consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, transfer, and processing of your information only as described in this Policy.
Unless you provide your personal information for the use of iMoney’s Services or a third party through this website, you remain anonymous when you browse this website. We do not collect personal information if you are only browsing this website.
Our services may contain links to the services or websites of third parties, including our providers, partners or collaborators with microsites on this website. Such third party services and websites have its own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using the third party services or websites.
iMoney collects personal information from you only when you choose to provide the same to iMoney when you use our Services, such as when you apply for a financial product with a third-party financial institution through our website, or when you provide personal information to iMoney through our call center agents. This personal information encompasses information communicated to us when you voluntarily create and submit a login or complete an application form presented on our website, which makes it possible to identify you. By volunteering personal information, you undertake to communicate accurate and up-to-date information that does not prejudice the interest of any third parties.
We implement reasonable and appropriate security measures required under the DPA when we collect, store, and process your personal information in the Philippines. We shall comply with the applicable laws and regulations should we transfer the storage and/or processing of your personal information outside the country.
- Refer you to the financial product(s), and/or financial institutions (or their authorized representatives) specified by you while completing application forms on our website; and/or
- To enable you to access and use iMoney's services, our main website (including any microsites); and/or
- To personalize and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analyzing market trends and customer demographics; and/or
- To communicate with you, in order to verify the personal information provided, or to request any additional information that is vital to fulfilling the service you have applied for; and/or
- To send you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you; and/or
- To send you information about events, products and services which may be of interest to you, whether directly from us or from our third-party providers, partners or collaborators; and/or
- To pass on information about you as set forth in Section 6 below (Passing on information about you).
- where required by any regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction;
- to discharge any legal obligation imposed on us by law or pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- financial institutions, whose products are listed on the iMoney website, and/ or their authorized representatives;
- to our auditors, consultants, accountants, or other financial or professional advisers where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat;
- to any of our related, affiliated and/or associated companies, whether within or outside the Philippines;
- to our partners and other third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf or when we collaborate with them in respect of particular products or services (“Providers”). Such Providers may provide technological maintenance or work on our behalf to help fulfill business transactions, such as providing online cloud services. Such Providers may also collect information on our behalf on our websites. These Providers are required to comply with the terms of our privacy policies and may not use your personal information other than on our behalf and subject to contracts that protect the confidentiality of the information; and
- to third party organisations, providers, associates or collaborators for whom we may collaborate or work together in respect of a specific product, service, campaign or event, including but not limited to development of microsites. Such third parties have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them and satisfy yourself as to the purposes for which the provider will use your personal information.
As part of our provisions of services to you and/or our operations, any of your personal data may be transferred, accessed, stored or processed in other jurisdictions, such as the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the Philippines. In such cases, we will handle your personal data in accordance with this iMoney Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy Statement and ensure that our data processor complies with applicable data privacy laws.
iMoney takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date, consistent with the purpose for which the information was collected.
You may write to us if you would like access to your personal information, how your personal data were used, any disclosures of your personal data, and/or the reason for the disclosure of your personal data to the intended recipients. You may likewise contact us to correct personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. Finally, should you wish to withdraw your consent to the collection, storage, and use of your personal information, please let us know and we will address your concern. For contact details, please see Section 13 (Inquiry) below.
We will exert reasonable efforts to resolve and/or address requests for access and information changes, as well as notices on withdrawal of consent, insofar as iMoney’s database is concerned, within a reasonable time from receipt of said request. iMoney shall have no obligation to correct personal information already transmitted to third parties pursuant to your application for the third parties’ financial products.
You agree to receive communications from us via email, post, telephone, messaging apps or by text of products, services and other offers we think may be of interest to you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, you have an opportunity to object or withdraw your consent to us and others using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless and until we receive your objection or withdrawal of your consent, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting us on +632 8651 6665 or by sending an email to email@example.com as well as through the contact details in Section 13 (Inquiry) below.
You can also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes, which we will do.
- understand browsing habits on this Website;
- understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this Website so we can provide you with a better browsing experience.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By using this Service or visiting our website, you consent to us using cookies.
This website uses the following cookies:
The Google Analytics cookie allows us to see information on user website activity including, but not limited to page views, referral and average time spent on the website. The information is de-personalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it will not be tracked back to individuals, which helps to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to ensure you have the best user experience possible.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.